Each serving has less than 100 calories. It's high in protein, low in fat and less than 10g of carbs per slice!!!
Pumpkin Pie Protein Bread
- Ingredients -
1 can (420g) pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 coconut sugar
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp vanilla essence
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tbsp mixed spice
Macros per slice (out of eight)
75kcals, 7g protein, 9g carbs (out of which 4g is fiber so net carbs: 5g) and 1g fat
- Directions -
1. Using a handheld blender, standing blender, or food processor, blend all of the above ingredients together.
2. Bake at 165 C (around 330 F) - in a silicone bread loaf pan for around 60-65 minutes or until when stabbed with a knife, your knife comes out clean.
3. Let the bread cool before slicing and enjoy a slice - or two - with some butter, nut butter, honey, and/or banana slices. It's really soft inside, like a proper pumpkin pie but in bread form - thus the name. Enjoy!
Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Granola Bars
Prep time Cook time Total time
Author: Amanda @ Running with Spoons Yields: 10 bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. cloves
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
oven to 350F and prepare an 8x8 baking pan by lining it with a sheet of
aluminum foil, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow
for easy removal. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, flax, spices, and salt. Set aside.
a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, almond butter, honey,
sugar, and vanilla. Mix until fully combined. Pour wet mix into dry mix
and stir until fully incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
into prepared baking pan. Using a greased spatula or your hands, spread
the mixture evenly in the pan, pressing down firmly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until top sets and edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for ~20 minutes before cutting into bars.
Athletic Training Services:
A Certified Athletic Trainer is responsible for the prevention of athletic injuries; the maintenance of the health and well-being of all athletes. They can help prepare the players for each practice and game by
exercising, preventative taping and bandaging techniques, while overseeing
the team warm-up and flexibility period. I will
personally cover all practices and contests as needed during the regular season, and post-season. Contact us for more information and rates.